Our first meet-up of 2014 looks to be a fun lineup and one that combines the themes of news, entertainment and marketing!
Our agenda is:
- (Our kind hosts) Irish Central – Trevor Madigan and Stephen Smith will tell us about their new site launch and their plans to cover the Irish in the digital arena worldwide.
- Storyful – Fresh from their recent acquisition by Newscorp, Megan Specia will tell us about how they separate news from noise with their human algorithm.
- Newswhip – CEO Paul Quigley will speak from the Dublin based firm which is the Digg for editorial desks.
- Balcony.tv – Stephen O’Reagan, CEO, will walk us through how they got to 30m cumulative Youtube views based on a simple premise – an independent musician or band performing a song in a single take… on a balcony. And it all started in Dublin in 2006.
- Velocity Worldwide – Americas CEO Paul Blakely will talk about the Belfast-based firm’s multichannel marketing engagement platform, Darius, and their rather unique story of using NASCAR as a vehicle (pun intended) to business success in the US.
- Amplience – Corkman Rory Dennis, founder, will talk about their rich media AMP platform drives big conversion performance for retailers.
Irish Central, 1412 Broadway, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10018
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 from 6:30PM to 9:00PM (EST)