Our first meet-up of 2014 looks to be a fun lineup and one that combines the themes of news, entertainment and marketing!
Our agenda is:
- (Our kind hosts) Irish Central – Trevor Madigan and Stephen Smith will tell us about their new site launch and their plans to cover the Irish in the digital arena worldwide.
- Storyful – Fresh from their recent acquisition by Newscorp, Megan Specia will tell us about how they separate news from noise with their human algorithm.
- Newswhip – CEO Paul Quigley will speak from the Dublin based firm which is the Digg for editorial desks.
- Balcony.tv – Stephen O’Reagan, CEO, will walk us through how they got to 30m cumulative Youtube views based on a simple premise – an independent musician or band performing a song in a single take… on a balcony. And it all started in Dublin in 2006.
- Velocity Worldwide – Americas CEO Paul Blakely will talk about the Belfast-based firm’s multichannel marketing engagement platform, Darius, and their rather unique story of using NASCAR as a vehicle (pun intended) to business success in the US.
- Amplience – Corkman Rory Dennis, founder, will talk about their rich media AMP platform drives big conversion performance for retailers.